Family Photographer – Page
Family Photography in Studio
Family Photography on Location
Family Photography in Studio
I am fortunate enough to be blessed with some incredible family memories. My parents show their love more by their actions than anything else. – Dave
Those memories of who I was are so deeply embedded into who I have become as a family photographer. With each passing year I am reminded how short life is and how I wish I could just stop (or even slow down for that matter) time. Family photos help me stop my busy life just long enough to relive the moments of yesterday. Most people would probably describe me as a live by the moment type guy. My life is always a busy scurry, …and as I am not wanting to miss anything, I end up missing everything. Memories allude and all I have left to what I was, are those special photos we were smart enough to capture. As a family photographer in Ft. Myers Florida, I feel so honored to be the one endowed with the responsibility of being a family photographer and capturing the lives of so many others!
First step- Design Consult
As a family photographer in my early days, I would just meet my new clients for the first time at the session. It always felt a little strange, though. Here I am trying to capture intimate moments with someone I hardly know. Not only was the vibe less than ideal, I also felt i was always behind the game in planning everything. One of my early family photographer “AH HA” moments came, and I decided that I would try to schedule a meeting with my clients before the session. That was nearly 2 decades ago, and I have met with pretty much just about every one since. Sure it takes additional time that I don’t charge for but found that it paid off big in so many ways in the long run.
Why it works!!
- Less Awkwardness – When meeting some (or all) of the family we get to know each other. It ends up being photos with a friend rather than a stranger. I am also pretty unintimidating as far as photographers go, so it also helps my clients avoid the beforehand nervous jitters.
- Planning Help from Me – If you haven’t guessed yet, I have been doing this for a while. I know the best clothing options, how to prepare the little ones, how to plan for pets in the photo, what props work, and can show and suggest photoshoot location options.
- Planning Help From You– Beyond awesome photos, my first objective is to capture emotion. As a photographer, I have grown my attempts to capture emotion through my clients eyes. When I know what moves you, I will know how to move you with the artwork I create. Also having an idea of what images are most important to you allows me to balance my time effectively. I also get to learn about the children that will be in the photo so I can connect better with them.
I really don’t need to mention too much here, because we will talk all about it during the consult.
Here are a few details anyway.
- Outdoor sessions are usually the first or last part of the day (magical light periods).
- Our studio can be utilized just about any time.
- We never charge for poses, how many people in the photo, or anything frivolous for that matter.
- The most important thing to know is that sessions are always fun